Picture this… It’s March of 2020; our whole world is turned upside down by the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. Hospitals are at capacity, the CDC and WHO struggle to agree on protocols, and healthcare workers are scattering to save lives. At the time, we believed a two-week lockdown would contain the virus that was taking over the world, and yet here we are years later, still fighting it.
Like any other healthcare worker, I went into medicine thinking that I was going to save lives and make a difference. During this time the dreams that I had once had for my healthcare career dramatically changed. I took real estate classes and what I thought would be a part-time gig. My parents flipped houses and invested in real estate for years. They taught us so much about what it means to be financially stable outside of a full-time job. It seemed like an effortless side job that would allow me to help others in a different way than healthcare did.
What I didn’t realize what just how fulfilling a career in real estate could be. From working with a lovestruck pair that’s buying their first home to an investor that has 80+ properties under their belt, I thought this was IT! I fell in love with helping some achieve financial freedom through real estate and others with their forever home. The leap to full-time was hard!! But I realized that the reward was far greater than the risk could ever be.
How did I know that a career in real estate was right for me?
- You get to run your own business and be your own boss – Your real estate business is what you want it to be. If you desire success – you WILL succeed. There are no limitations. Almost always, we are our own deterrent.
- The genuine satisfaction comes from helping someone make the most expensive purchase of their lives.
- Each day brings something new! No two days are alike, and the flexibility allows for a more fulfilling work-life balance.
- There are countless incredible realtors to learn from, and you are ALWAYS learning.
- You get to see the most beautiful homes and share them with your clients. Builders and architects are very underrated!
My business is just that – all mine. But with the support of mentors, brokers, and fine-tuned processes, each real estate agent has the opportunity of becoming as extraordinary as they want to be. The transition from healthcare to real estate wasn’t easy, but I couldn’t be more excited about the move!